Dr. Bradberry regularly posts articles that are interesting and worth reading. Click the title of each article to be brought to the original LinkedIn article.
A couple that are worthwhile:
June 26, 2017 10 Harmless mind tricks that make people like you
He notes, not in order:
1) When a group of people laugh, each member of the group can’t help but make eye contact with the person they feel closest to.
2) When someone does a favor for you, it actually makes them like you more. ( KK: A twist on Cialdini. I agree)
3) Silence gets answers ( KK: Good luck getting type A’s to be silent)
4) Open hands and palms creates trust
5) Nodding your head during a conversation or when asking a question makes the other person more likely to agree with what you’re saying.
6) People remember unfinished things better
7) Chew gum to relax and focus (KK: Jordan Speith?)
8) Look at the persons feet. Feet pointed toward you means they are interested. Pointed away , not so much.
9) When meeting someone new, work their name into the conversation. You will remember it.
10) Show excitement makes them like you.
July 10, 2017 Two Snap Judgements People make when they first meet you
This article is about how to make a great first impression. We all know how important it is. He suggests people are subconsciously determining if they Trust you and Respect you.
Things you should keep in mind:
1) Small talk. (KK: Develop rapport)
2) Active listening. (KK: i.e. Ask questions.)
3) Do your homework. (KK: Preparation is everything)
You can find Dr.Bradberry on LinkedIn here