George is the ex CEO of ESPN. He is a great friend and neighbor. This book is his autobiography. He traces his journey from an entry level job in the mailroom at ESPN to becoming CEO. He came up through the sales side of ESPN. His best practices are invaluable.
1) Focus on one or two things at most in a meeting.
2) Listen. Listen 80%/talk 20%
3) Prepare. Do your homework on the people.
4) Develop rapport with them.
5) Every town thinks it is the greatest sports town in America. They are.
All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Jimmy V Foundation, ESPN’s sponsored cancer research Foundation.
Please feel free to comment on any of these recommendations and suggest other sources that might be helpful.